$300,000 to renovate our church kitchen
$20,000 – $50,000 gift to upgrade property at Mar-Lu-Ridge
$750,000 – $780,000 to reduce Grace’s mortgage by 50%
10 Days of Prayer – Select ten days and use the guide sent to you in the mail.
Informational Meeting – A gathering for all interested members and friends will be held on Thursday, May 17 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. in Grace Hall. Pastor Kevin and Pastor Martha, along with lay leaders from our Capital Campaign Leadership Team will be present to share information about the campaign and answer questions you may have about the purpose of this important effort. No one will be asked to make a commitment at that time. It is an informational meeting and an opportunity for Christian fellowship. Light refreshments will be served.
Kitchen Renovation – The first project that will be tackled as a part of Growing Grace will be the much needed renovation of our church kitchen. This is exciting, especially for the dozens of dedicated volunteers who serve our community weekly in the kitchen. Here are a few pieces of information you might find helpful:
– The designated cost of $300,000 is our best estimate after a year of serious planning by a Kitchen Renovation Task Force appointed by council. This cost includes a contingency of about 25% that we hope will not be spent, but given the size and age of the project, you never know what you will run into!
– Since we provide meals to the public we must have a commercial kitchen under the guidelines of the CC Health Department. This includes commercial appliances and ventilation system.
– The kitchen plans have been developed within the footprint of the current kitchen.
– We hope that the campaign will generate enough gifts to proceed with the kitchen project by next summer. The kitchen renovation is dependent upon gifts in hand, no loans will be taken for this project.
– Due to the kindness of an anonymous donor and the hard work of many volunteers over the last few years, the Kitchen Renovation Fund stands at about $115,000. This is included in the $300,000.
If you have other questions about this project, or any other piece of the capital campaign, please see one of the pastors or attend the Informational Meeting on May 17.
Growing Grace Prayer Vigil – On Saturday, May 19, you are requested and encouraged to give your prayer support to our Growing Grace Capital Campaign. This event will be held in the church sanctuary* from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm.
This Prayer Vigil is a time for our community of faith to come before God to acknowledge that we are the body of Christ, and to ask for God’s guidance and presence as we complete our individual commitments for this stewardship effort. A Prayer Vigil Guide will be given to those who come to the church to pray. You can sign up to pray for a 30-minute time slot in one of three ways:
- Fill out the RCR card.
- Write your name on one of the schedule charts in either the Upper or Lower Gathering Space.
- Look for an online sign up in one of the upcoming “Grace Weekly” emails.
Please consider giving your prayer support to this important event in the life of our congregation.
* From 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm, the Prayer Vigil will be held in Grace Hall.