The Women of the ELCA of Grace will be collecting items below for the school kits for Lutheran World Relief. These school bags, with the items below, help children around the world. We usually have been successful to make at least 40-50 kits yearly. Please help our project for 2019.
Each School Kit contains the following items. Donations of any of these items will be greatly appreciated. Boxes will be in the gathering spaces during the month of August to receive donations.
– Four 70-sheet notebooks of wide or college-ruled paper approximately 8” x 10½”; (NO LOOSE LEAF PAPER PLEASE)
– One 30-centimeter ruler or a ruler with centimeters on one side and inches on the other
– One pencil sharpener
– One blunt scissors (safety scissors with embedded steel blades work well)
– Five unsharpened #2 pencils with erasers; secure together with a rubber band
– One box of 16 or 24 crayons
– One 2½” eraser
– 5 black or blue ballpoint pens (no gel ink); secure together with a rubber rand
Monetary donations toward materials and mailing are always appreciated. Checks should be made to Grace Lutheran Church and clearly marked for WELCA.
We also have a group of women who sew the Backpacks for which we put the above supplies inside. If you sew and would like to be part of this group, I will send you the pattern. Donations also help to buy the material for the sewers to buy at a nearby JoAnn Fabrics.
All women are invited to come out and help prepare the school kits on September 18 at 6:30 p.m. These school kits make a difference for children around the world. It is an opportunity to work together and get to know one another here at Grace while also serving a greater need!
Any questions, please contact: Joyce Hertsch, 410-371-5387 cell for texting or email: [email protected]